DST Global Solutions, London
Askari Software Engineer / Architect
Market risk analysis product, written in C++ on Windows using COM and MSSQL.
- Tech lead for migration of software development to UK.
- Designed and conducted training sessions for new team.
- Authored and collated code and architecture documentation, published on internal wiki.
DST Global Solutions, Melbourne, Australia
Askari Software Engineer
- Quickly gained familiarity with baroque COM application suite and complex business logic.
- Worked with financial engineers to design and develop valuation models.
- Devised suite of application scripts automating administrative processes.
- Diagnosed complex client issues relating to application, operating system, database and performance problems.
- Introduced C++ metaprogramming techniques to substantially improve performance and reduce complexity of Unicode system port.
- Internal SQL Server and Windows administration.
Swinburne University of Technology *
Sessional Lab Supervisor
Instruction and supervision of students, troubleshooting of equipment and projects and marking of submitted work.
Senior Developer / Architect (part time from 2006 due to study)
Wealth management platform written in C++ and PHP / JS / DHTML on MSSQL.
- Mentor and subject matter expert in technical (build and language) and business (regular facilities, share and managed fund order placement) areas.
- Conceived and participated in implementation of code review process.
- Promoted and implemented unit testing using CPPUnit for core library functionality.
- CVS administrator and nightly build maintainer.
- Ownership of maintenance and enhancement of core (database, CGI and network) libraries.
National Tenancy Database *
Provision of development and support services for Linux based Perl / PHP web application backed on PostgreSQL.
Center for Advanced Internet Architectures (CAIA) *
Research Assistant (part time)
Researched, designed and implemented a novel network-layer spam mitigation system using C++ with hooks for Perl integration
*: Jobs worked concurrently due to part time or ad-hoc nature.